*waves* Hi there!
I've decided to start doing a little more blogging...when I say a little more, I mean...actually START.
It always seems a little strange to start a blog....Blog post #2 and so on are just continuations of blog post #1, it's a bit less awkward, so I'm just going to jump right in.
I started Pure Impressions Design about 7 years ago.
The website has been up for about 3 years and I've been on Etsy since the beginning...
We didn't really invest too much time in the website up until this past year because Etsy was always keeping us too busy. We decided this year to put a lot more focus on the website because there aren't any rules. I mean...there are always rules, but we can pretty much do what we want here and we can link everything together. AND it's just another platform for you to find us on, which is always great!
When I started thinking about what I wanted to blog about, I was at a loss.I never want it sound like a commercial. "Look what I make, buy this!" I mean obviously, there might be a little of that going on , but for the most part, I really want to connect with the people that follow me. I always think it's fun to see who the people are that I buy from, so I hope that whoever ends up reading this, thinks the same.
I'll post about my family, local events, introduce you to other businesses that I think are made of magic and hopefully keep you entertained while you're on this page.
Some things you should know about me.
- I'm silly about 99% of the time.
- I make up my own words (and use them often).
- I make sound effects when I'm talking to people.
- I make strange faces when I'm talking to people as well.
- It's hard for me to make new friends. (see above things about me)
- I cherish the friends I do have with my entire soul.
- My family means more to me than anything. Mess with them, and we'll have words. I have two teenagers.
My daughter will be 18 this year, and my son will be 16.
My husband is just about as odd as me, but he's less silly.
He doesn't make up words, and most of the time refuses to acknowledge my handmade dictionary. He's a bit of a genius (yeah, really) and usually looks at me like I've lost my mind. He keeps my sane and makes me smile.
- I have high expectations of those around me....sometimes too high ;)
- I'm on a new health journey (again) that started (again) in May. My current goal is to lose 30#s and to be able to finish the bridal trail hike comfortably by the end of the summer. I think it's about 4-5 miles. I could be wrong. It seems like 10 miles from my past memories, but I know I'm exaggerating.
That's all I have for now.
I look forward to getting to know you.
Let me know if you have any questions, or if there's anything specific you'd like to see here.
See you around!